Eyelash extensions are the latest beauty trend.
Unlike traditional false eyelashes that are applied on a strip, synthetic eyelash extensions are glued to individual natural lashes with tweezers.
Women who get eyelash extensions no longer have to use mascara. The lashes are fairly durable, too. You can work out, swim or go to the beach without worrying about ruining your lashes or having your mascara run. Even cut down your morning routine!
- Lash extensions are SEMI-PERMANENT.
- Application is painless
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 8-10 hours after application.
- The first two weeks of wear will feel different for your eyes, as you get used to your new lashes.
- Eyelash extensions are weightless, and are attached to your own lashes, not your skin. These are not 'glam' lashes, such as strip lashes, they are totally realistic.
- You should not wear waterproof mascara on your extensions.
- With proper care, your lash extensions should last 2-4 weeks or more.
How Lashes are applied:
1. Your lash specialist will place a protective covering over your lower lashes so that your upper and lower lashes do not adhere during the procedure.
2. Synthetic lashes are applied individually by hand to each of your own lashes for a totally natural look. This procedure involves attaching anywhere between 60-80 individual lashes. There will be separating required during the drying process so the lashes do not appear clumpy, during separation you may experience a slight tugging sensation.
3. The extensions are made of synthetic silk, and are applied with tweezers and a gentle adhesive. When the application is complete, your lashes will be sealed with a diamond black sealer.
Pro Tips for Lash CLients:
- For the first two days after application it is best to avoid swimming, saunas or steam rooms. After 2 days, it is okay to do these things, but you may experience more loss than normal.
- Keep your fills regularly.
- Do not use any products that contain polyethylene glycol (PEG).
- Do not use an eyelash curler. Your extensions will have a nice natural upturn to them, you will not need one.
- If you prefer a more curled look, we can go over all lengths and curl that fits your needs!
- Never pick, pull or rub your lashes.
- If you experience any itching or irritation, contact your lash specialist immediately.On the day of your appointment...
- Do not wear make-up or contact lenses.
- Shower before-hand so that you do not get your extensions wet for the required 8-10 hours.
- Don't forget to schedule your Fill!
Care FOr LAshes
Proper maintenance for your new eyelash extensions is important for longer lasting, beautiful lashes. If you have any questions, contact your lash specialist.
- Don't rub your lashes
- Be careful if you are a heavy sleeper. If you dig your face into your pillow, you may experience a lot more loss than normal.
- Washing: Use a make up remover towelett, wrapped around your finger and gently pat downward while your eye is closed to remove mascara. (If you do not wear mascara, then of course, you can skip this step).
- After mascara is removed, the towelette is easily used to remove the make-up under the eye, and then the eyeshadow using the same technique of wrapping the towelette around your finger and carefully removing the make-up with your fingertip.
- Wash your face the way you normally do, avoiding the eyes. A splash of water over the face and eyes is okay, just be mindful of the soap getting into your eyes, keep a dry towel handy.
PAT your face and lashes dry.
- Apply whatever products you use, post-cleansing.
Studio 406 Salon's lash specialists are licensed and certified in all areas of Eyelash Application and Eyelash Care. You can trust us to create and maintain your perfect look.